Orienteering with Geoff

Orienteering

On Monday the 23rd of August Geoff Mallalieu came and showed us how to use the compasses and we also learnt how we can get to places by using it. Marama and Geoff set up a really cool course that we had to go around. To find your way around, you use the compass. The compass tells you what direction you go, for instance the sign that you end up at might have 30 N Q, which means 30 steps North and the letter Q.

Once you have been around the course and collected all of the letters you can find out what it says. The question was โ€˜What do elephants like to play?โ€™ So the letters were H, A, Q, S, U and S.

Geoff also made us do a huge chalk compass on the tennis court, this had to include, North, West, South, East, North East, North West, South East and South West!! We also had to find what degrees Puke hill was.

Geoff definitely helped me understand how to use a compass works and I had a really fun day!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

2 thoughts on “Orienteering with Geoff

1. G’day Abbey,
    Thanks for joining the student blogging challenge. I hope you enjoy the activities and make new friends by reading and commenting on other blogs from students around the world.

• Thanks for the comment I am looking forward to doing this challenge and making new friends through the blogging site. It is a great opportunity to be able to learn more about blogging,
      Abbey